Through the AMA's online volunteer training course, members learn more about the association in order to become better volunteers, grassroots activists and membership promoters. Together, we will promote the motor vehicle and recreational vehicle lifestyle and protect the future of camping, driving, riding and racing in this country.
The AMA's volunteer training is an online, educational training course that empowers individuals with knowledge, tools and resources tailored to their interests.
There is no cost for AMA members to participate in AMA volunteer training.
AMA Volunteer Training Course Objectives
- To identify, train and support volunteers and volunteer leaders
- To disseminate accurate information about the history, structure, management and activities of the AMA
- To develop an elite corps of AMA volunteers who will pursue a personal commitment to:
- Positively represent the AMA and the motor vehicle and recreational vehicle community.
- Recruit AMA Clubs members to help the association grow.
- Seek opportunities to communicate the positive aspects of motor vehicle and recreational vehicle use to the public.
- Become grassroots activists to help the AMA pursue regulations and laws that benefit campers, drivers, riders and racers.
- Seek new and creative ways to use their knowledge as AMA volunteers to promote the motor vehicle and recreational vehicle lifestyle and protect the future of camping, driving, riding and racing.
Core AMA Volunteer Training Courses
- Education — AMA History and Overview
- Activism — Rights: Grassroots Activism
- Growth — Membership 101
Advanced AMA Volunteer Training Courses
The Advanced volunteer courses represent a more significant amount of time and personal commitment. Completion of these modules prepares the member for volunteer leadership within the AMA.
Elements of Expertise modules include:
- Position Statements
- Advanced Membership
- Getting Involved
- Driving and Riding Disciplines
- Racing Disciplines
- Risk Management
In Skills modules, members may choose one or complete all three. Those modules include:
- Camping, Driving, Riding
The Leadership module urges you to action. Members will choose one task to complete:
- Participate in trail maintenance and encourage others to volunteer with you
- Volunteer at an AMA sanctioned camp, drive, ride or race
- Meet with an elected official or attend a town hall meeting
- Give a presentation to or talk about the AMA with a local organization or club (motor vehicle/ recreational vehicle entity or not)
- Meet with a local land manager to discuss threats and challenges to camping, driving and riding opportunities
- Serve on a Recreation Commission (need to serve at least a year)
- Serve as an AMA Regional Chapter Coordinator
Get Started in the AMA Volunteer Training Course
View this document to learn how to sign into Google Classroom, where the AMA volunteer learning modules are hosted.
In-Person Volunteer Training
From time to time, the AMA offers volunteer training sessions led by AMA Clubs staff members or other AMA volunteers who have completed the training course.
To find an AMA volunteer trainer near you, click here.
Order AMA Volunteer Pins
After you’ve completed the AMA volunteer course, you can order pins via this form.