ABOUT THE AMA
The Automobile and Motorcycle Association Ltd (the AMA) is the not for profit peak industry body for automobile and motorcycle related recreation and facilities in Australia. It services over 40,000 members, which grows significantly by the day.
The AMA and its group of not for profit clubs, groups and promoters (the AMA clubs) are about social camping, recreational driving and riding, amateur auto and moto sport. The sensible structure of the AMA means participating with the AMA is made more affordable for the whole family, so you can get outdoors and do what you love most, whether on road or off road.
The Mission of the AMA is to develop, promote and protect the automobile and motorcycle lifestyle.
The object for which the Company is established is the encouragement of automobile and motorcycle sport and recreation by:
- encouraging, advancing, conducting, guiding, promoting and governing all levels of automobile and motorcycle sport, recreation and associated activities for AMA Club Members;
- promoting the provision and development of appropriate facilities for AMA Club Members to participate in automobile and motorcycle sport and recreation;
- providing, maintaining and enhancing standards and quality of automobile and motorcycle sport and recreation for the collective and mutual benefit and interests of AMA Club Members;
- promoting automobile and motorcycle sport and recreation to seek commercial, government and public recognition and benefits; and
- supporting, affiliating and liaising with other organisations in pursuit of these objectives.
The Vision of the AMA is more people camping, driving, riding and racing more often.
The AMA holds appropriate Event Insurance underwritten by Allianz to cover the AMA and its Affiliate coaches, groups, promoters, subsidiaries, organisers, officials, members and visitors in planned activities and at facilities.